Award

Award
Social Media Award Winner

Monday, October 25, 2010

Easy chilli chocolate cake

200 grams of dark chocolate.

or 100g dark, 100g milk for a sweeter flavour

SAVING: You can get huge bars of lovely chocolate from Lidl for less than £1 that can make two cakes. Also, Sainsbury's basics offer 100g bars of dark and milk chocolate for about 30p each. Bargain!

150g of slightly salted butter

Melt the two above ingredients in the microwave or in a saucepan if you live in the Dark Ages.

When slightly cooled, stir in 5 eggs, individually. Stir well after each addition.

When even cooler, add a tiny pinch of chilli powder and one Tablespoon (yes, only one tablespoon) of plain flour

Stir, pour into a floured dish about 22cm in diameter, cook on gas mark 4 for about 20 mins and take it out when the sides are slightly spongy but the middle is a little wobbly (not runny, but wobbles).

Leave for 24 hours to set in a fridge, or for as long as you can without being tempted to dive in with a spoon.

Decorate with crumbled fudge pieces if you like or whatnot.

3 comments:

Electro-Kevin said...

We've done this very recipe and it is absolutely divine !

Try sprinkling almonds, digestive biscuit crumbs and dried fruit.

And then buy the Paul McKenna get slim book to recover.

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

Happy days! The candied fruit would be delicious I think - a nice take on the frangipanes.

Whole hazlenuts are also nice on this. Hazelnuts even.

MMMM.... hazelnuts...

Anonymous said...

My grand-father thought I could enjoy this website. It was perfectly right. This publish in fact made my day. You can not imagine just how a lot time I had spent for this info ! I be pleased about your work!

Before I go, let me thank you for your understanding with my English as (I'm persuaded you have become aware this by now,), English is not my number one language consequently I am using Google Translate to build out what to enter what I sincerely want to articulate.